Monday, January 24, 2011

in case you were wondering...

It was -20 today when I left for school. If you think you misread this, you did not. It was in fact 20 degrees BELOW 0.

My car wouldn't start.

I was afraid my hand might stick to the metal door handle.

My hot chocolate was cold by the time I got into the car.

Multiple schools (not mine) were canceled because of the temperature.

Don't you all want to visit?

6 comments:

Mom said...

It really WAS cold, -22 at our house when we woke up, no alarm clock because the power was out. Thank goodness for the woodstove or we would have been frozen. I had to get dressed by flashlight, no shower because our water is from a well and the pump is electric, so I had to shower at the hospital. It was not a good way to start the day!

Melinda said...

Um... that is insane! I don't think I've ever seen the temp here lower than -10! I can't believe your school wasn't cancelled, those punks! I hope you bundled up nice and warm for the drive! Maybe you should migrate south for the winter and live with Bryan for a while... in fact... maybe I will do that...

Nickie said...

Ew.

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

That is cold...only 20 degrees colder here, it was -40 this morning up here in North Pole, AK...brrr! I think anything under -10 is just too cold

Nickie said...

Where'd you go?
Come back to me Boo.

gina said...

ummm...maybe you should update your blog with pics of your awesome new kitchen...I can't wait to see it!