I was getting worried.
Last Monday and Tuesday I felt the baby moving. It feels like a twitch in my belly! I knew that it had to be our baby because I felt the same thing two days in a row, but then, nothing. I hadn't felt the baby for a week and I was getting very worried. I told Nathan, then he got worried and has started waking me up in the night to push me off my back and onto my side.
All the worry was put to rest this morning. Right after Nathan and I prayed, we were still kneeling and the baby started fluttering. Phew! I only wish Nathan could feel it too.
Now for the gross...
We keep Stonewall's food in the basement pantry. Now that it's cold out, the mice have found there way into the basement pantry and poop all around his food. Gross.
Grosser is that I had my dad set traps. He set the wooden ones and the sticky ones. The sticky ones catch mice better but then you are left with a live mouse stuck to fly paper!
This is what I had to confront this morning. One dead mouse stuck to a sticky trap AND killed in a wooden trap, one fat mouse stuck to a sticky trap. My usual course of action is to tell my dad about mice and have him deal with them. He is in Cincinnati until Friday, Mom is really scared of mice, and Nathan is not much better (refer to the bat post).
So I had to stick the traps together and hit the mouse with a hammer!
I am traumatized!
4 comments:
Yes, I would be traumatized by that experience as well. Icky!
As for the baby moving, you're just barely far enough along to feel it, so you won't be feeling it all the time. It's not until later (like where I am in my pregnancy) when the doctors start asking you to count the kicks. And I don't think you have to worry about sleeping on your side until the 3rd trimester either. That's when the uterus is big enough to potentially limit blood flow on the big vein returning blood to your heart from your legs. I hate sleeping on my side! I was a back and tummy sleeper before, but now I can't do either, so enjoy sleeping however you want for as long as you can!!
Were you around when we had the mouse problem at the Peterson House? We had the sticky traps, and I came home to my roommates freaking out, (Anna and Mira). I think Mira was even standing up on a chair. Then I got freaked out, and we were all standing in the kitchen screaming like little girls. Ahh...those were the days. Now that we're grownups we have to just deal with these little tragedies instead of standing on a chair screaming.
I am still traumatized by the mouse in the house on the sticky trap. I think we threw it in the trash can alive...I didn't. And Mira was definitely on the chair screaming. And contrary to what Liz says, I'd still stand on a chair and scream. I'm not grown up enough to deal with that!
Okay, I'm so glad you got to feel your cute little baby and I love the ultrasound pics (yep, that's how long it's been since I blogged). I'm sooooo sorry you had to deal witht he mice, that would have totally sucked! I'm amazed you did it, wow.
I love the pictures of the pies, and who knew apple peelings could look so pretty? Wow, your mom is one talented woman.
I love the pics from the wedding, I forgot my camera, what am I? Some kind of idiot? We're going to a wedding! And I don't bring my camera! I'm glad someone was thinking.
I'm glad things are going well, one day, you'll get to a point where the baby will be moving so much, you'll think, "what the heck is that kid doing in there?" and your ribs will hurt, but it's a good pain.
Love you!
Post a Comment