Thursday, May 21, 2009

welcome annabelle carole!

Annabelle Carole was born Tuesday, May 19th at 12:02 pm at the Glens Falls, New York Hospital. She weighed 8 lbs 1.5 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Isn't she so beautiful? Even with her funny newborn face, I thnk she's basically the prettiest thing ever.




My mom delivered her, it was so nice to have her there for the whole delivery. Nathan was also there, and he did really well with all the blood and guts and staying up all night. At the very end one of the other midwives made Nathan sit down because she was sure he was going to hit the floor. Luckily he did not faint but, needless to say, he was not rushing up to cut the umblical chord.
My advice to all expecting mothers would be GO INTO LABOR IN THE MORNING! Laboring all night is seriously exhausting. I also think I'm pretty amazing for doing it without any pain meds, although if someone had offered to kill me between hour 10 and hour 13, I would have taken them up on it. Nathan's comment was, "You screamed a lot when you were pushing." My comment, "No crap, it hurt!"


Doesn't he make such a cute daddy? I love Annabelle all swaddled up like a burrito baby.



14 comments:

Tyler Swavely Family said...

How sweet! I had the feeling to check your blog this afternoon and look who I saw...what a beautiful name for a beautiful little one:) Congrats Marisa and Nathan!

Annie M. said...

She is such a little Astin!!! And such a cutie pie!!! I cannot WAIT to meet her!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to hop on a plane right now.

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear about how everything went.

Anna and Jay said...

Congratulations! How cute! I love her name. I've been blogstalking waiting to see when the little one arrived. Hope you are getting some rest and help! I wish mine were still teeny tiny! :)

Nickie said...

You guys, she's so pretty! Aren't they amazing???!!! I wish I could be there to just hold her and snuggle her. Enjoy every minute, because they really do grow up soooo fast.
I love you guys, I hope you're all recovering. I miss you and love you to pieces!
Loves!

Liz said...

How incredible. She is so perfect. Thanks for putting up so many pictures.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Marisa and Nate! Annabelle is adorable and you're mom is a pro!! Hope everyone is doing well. Love you...when can I come up and visit?

Anna said...

She's beautiful! Congrats!! How did the delivery go? I love the picture of her snuggled up in Nathan's arms.

Anonymous said...

I echo Nick and Anna. Love the picture of Nate snuggling with her and wish I could hold her and snuggle with her! Enjoy each moment of your time with her!! Congratulations!!

Janis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janis said...

Could she be the most beautiful baby ever! I love all that hair! And, Marisa, you look amazing- I can only hope to look so perky and joyful someday after delivering a baby of my own. Sending lots of love your way to share with Annabelle!

Summer said...

So cute you guys!!! I love all her hair, seriously she is a cute little girl!!! Congrats, enjoy every moment:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Marisa! I can't wait to meet her - she is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oh - and congratulations to Nathan too! I didn't mean to leave you out!