Monday, March 22, 2010

naughty puppy

Yesterday may be the naughtiest Stonewall has ever been.

I stayed home from church with Annabelle because she had a fever. She is still crabby but her fever is gone...she's not the subject of this post.

I was trying to nap while Annabelle napped and someone kept ringing the doorbell. I thought that it was these girls who like to come and play with Stonewall so I ignored it and kept sleeping. When Annabelle woke up I saw one of the girls in the yard, she informed me that Stonewall had broken out of the fence 7 (7!) times! Two of our neighbors were over fixing the fence. Super-nice, I know.

As a thank-you I decided to make them cookies. I was about 1/2 way done with making the cookies (20 cookies cooling on a rack, 6 dough balls on the cookie sheet and tons of cookie dough in the mixer) when I went up stairs to talk to Nathan.

When I came downstairs I could smell smoke. I hurried into the kitchen but on the way I saw one of the spatulas on the floor...this was a bad sign. When I got into the kitchen there were no cookies, no dough on the pan, most of the dough in the bowl was gone, and there was a hot pad burning on the stove top that Stonewall must have turned on while eating all the cookies.

He is so naughty but I just had to laugh because he is so clueless that he even did anything wrong! I think he had a tummy ache, but he was still eying the second batch of cookies!

2 comments:

Mom said...

HA! Now I can just laugh because it is your house where he is doing such naughty tricks. There were reasons I wouldn't let him into the house past the entry way door and this is just one of them. Maybe you will have to put up a line between your trees like we had in our yard so that he won't escape. I do worry about him getting out and going on Rt. 7 and getting hit.

Melinda said...

HA HA HA! Oh Marisa! I'm glad you can just laugh at him! Hades has had those moments too. The kicker is that I just can't help but laugh at those times, sigh, half-heartedly scold him and love him anyway! Here's hoping his naughty day is behind him and he won't have another one for a while!