For the last 2 months I have been planning all these perfect posts with photos and humor; posts that all my friends and family would read and want to share with others, posts about the family reunion, posts about lazy summer days, posts about chores, posts about the 80 degree weather.
Then I realized that I don't have time for that; summer vacation ended too soon and the school year started too quickly. Three weeks into the year and I am already pooped and behind on grading. So now I have to relent and just post this semi-boring narative.
First and foremost: life in Vermont is so good for us!
Mom and Dad are the best for taking us in; we especially love them for taking in our zoo.
The cats roam the house, watch birds from my parents' bedroom door, and hunt all the bugs, and occasional bats, that get in. My parents like having cats around and they are very tolerant, even when the cats are being bad. (Our cats are angels but they have been known to: scratch furniture, climb on counters, kneed people in the night, and allegedly lick the butter.) Lenny is finally being less of a scaredy cat and he only runs from my parents now if they talk to him, this is great progress because he used to bolt if they looked at him. Carl is being social and loving, so unlike his Utah self! He begs everyone for milk each morning and spends lots of time downstairs glaring at Stonewall.
Stonewall is the cutest puppy in all the land but he is not always so well behaved! His latest trick is sneaking in the house when ever anyone comes home. Mom bribes him out with a bone, Nathan and I chase him around until he gets out. He also attacks Nathan all the time! He hasn't quite figured out that we are the pack leaders not his litter mates. (I'm sure you can all understand why he thinks Nathan is a litter mate.) Tomorrow is the first night of puppy school and I am really excited but nervous. I hope Stoney isn't the worst behaved puppy!
Nathan loves his sub position and would love to get a job at that school. He likes the faculty and administration and loves having 2 blocks of prep a day!
My job is ok. I am so done with pushing a cart but I guess that is just the way it has to be for this year. I'm praying it only lasts this year and that I will be able to have a room soon. I miss Butler and I miss having friends and I miss using a grade program. It seems like I can't make friends because teachers here are either friends with people on their team (I have no team) or people who have a room near them (I have no room). I feel quite misunderstood. The only people who are really nice to me are the custodians.
I am an island, but I move, so maybe a sailboat.
5 comments:
Awww...Maris. I wish you would sail your sailboat my way and write a paper for me. I'll be your friend!
Stonewall is smart. He knows that if he sneaks in when mom comes home he'll get a bone. Now he'll always sneak in! I hope you make friends with other teachers soon and that you're not a sailboat forever! :) I miss you. I'm glad Nathan is happy at RHS. XOXOXOXOXOX
My sailboat friend! I miss you!!! Butler misses you!!! Welcome back to the blogging world.
Hang in there, school will get better and you can just imagine all the calories you're burning while pushing the cart. I know, it's a small consolation, but it's something.
We miss you guys and love you, and I'm glad things are going well for you. We think about you tons, give yourselves great big hugs from us!
Loves!!!!
Maybe it's just the blog or computer or something.
Nobody else reported a problem, it's too bad you can't read it, I am hilarious! Only because my kids are though.
Hopefully it will start working soon!
Loves!
Post a Comment