Saturday, September 20, 2008

bennington battle monument


One of the cool/funny/strange thing about living in the east is all the things I never realized existed. Nathan has opened my eyes to all the cool things around me that I never would have known about.

One of the things Nathan has shown me is battle reenactments. Every weekend in summer there is a Revolutionary War or Civil War or French and Indian War or some other war reenactment relatively close by.



We got lucky and there was one in Bennington at the Bennington Battle Monument that we went to. Stonewall was a huge hit, and the reenactors were cool. The best part was the beautiful view from the top of the monument, which is the tallest structure in the state! It was also great because I got to see a total white-trash family fight at the top of the monument. Hights bring out the worst in some people.



I hope these pictures have convinced you westerners to come visit! Soon!

2 comments:

Nickie said...

Wow! Look at you and your posts! I'm so proud, it seems like forever all I was seeing was "bats, bats, bats" and don't get wrong, that was funnnnny stuff, but it's nice to have some new stuff.
I love the pictures, it's so good to see your cute faces. Your puppy is getting sooo big, what a cute doggy.
I do love the views in the pics on your first post, and I would love to come visit, but we just don't have the dollars right now. So beautiful though.
I love the picture of you guys on the raft thing, how cute, you are both smiling so cute, I love it!
Give yourselves big big hugs from me, and the monkeys!!!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

I pretty sure that battle reenactments would be pretty darn awesome, I'm jealous. I want to live around all the amazing history!!!