Thursday, October 16, 2008

fall fun with the astins

A couple of weekends ago, Nathan's parents came to town. (By "to town" I mean to New England.) It was a great excuse to get out and see the fall beauty that is all around us. We leaf-peeped to our hearts' contents, ate fall food, visited pumpkin patches, and went to huge craft fairs. It was so much fun! I love being a tourist at home!

Unfortunately, the Astins were just a little early for the peak foliage. I think that a little early is much better than a little late, but it was still disappointing for them to come all this way and only see minimal color. Nathan has taken tons of great pictures of the ever-changing colors and I will post some of those later.

We also visited Melville's house. I know you'd always wanted to know where he penned Moby Dick; here it is! The house was a house but we had a really knowledgeable tour guide, it made it worth all the money Marc and Cathy spent. Thanks again!
We went to a couple of pumpkin patches, they all had cool set-ups! I love the fall!


4 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh, I love fall! This looks like so much fun Marisa!!

Nickie said...

How beautiful, my goal is to one day come and visit you during this time of year, that would totally rock!
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

So fun! I went back East two falls ago...the colors were amazing!!!

Liz said...

Next fall, I want to come visit you. Melville's home couldn't be cooler than Frost's cabin!!