Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hubbardton Battle Reenactment

Stonewall and Mommy at the site of the battle with the beautiful Green Mountains in the background. This is only about 10 miles from our place.
Annabelle's first reenactment. Pretty soon she'll be participating herself. She's got to learn how to darn first.
Look at this motley crew. I want to get involved, but some guy told me it takes a lot of money for the equipment and clothes. These people come from all over the East to participate.
Part of the camp where they stay. I wonder how these tents held up in the huge storm that hit later that night.
Damn lobsterbacks. Notice the St. Bernard in the corner. He had one massive head and tongue. Slobbered way worse than Stonewall. The British technically pushed the Americans from the field in this battle, but the Americans held out long enough to bring up reinforcements. This was a preclude to Saratoga, which was the turning point in the war.

4 comments:

Annie M. said...

I had no idea that Stoney was SO TALL! Last summer when I saw him he was just a pup. I hope that the bibbins isn't scared of him this summer! :) I can't wait see you guys and to meet my newest neice in a month!!!

Anna and Jay said...

Ummm, how big is your baby? She looks like she's outgrown my girls. She's adorable! How fast they grow!?!?!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are posting so I can keep up. I love the pictures, especially the ones with the baby. Looking forward to the holidays so I'll finally be able to see Annabelle in person!

Sharon

Katie Laird said...

Marisa, your baby is adorable and I love the name Annabelle. Well done. I remember very well the discussions we would have up in that ridiculously cold and dark wooden loft in Rennes in the middle of winter about how you were so scared of having an ugly child. Well, I think you can put that fear aside, now. And YOU! You look radiant! Again, well done. Motherhood suits you.