
Today we went to a cat show. I know you are now probably thinking, "Does she mean a dog show?" No, we went to a cat show, a place where crazy cat people get together and cats are judged by age, breed, hair length, etc. It is fascinating. Even if we weren't cat people it would be fun to go and watch the all the other people; you have no idea how many cat shirts there are out there. The best were the tie-died cat shirts that went along with the "Feline Groovy" theme.
For all of you who have never been to a cat show, I will explain how it works. Cats are kept in their kennels until their numbers are called for judging.Every time that a cat is judged, the judge takes it out of its cage and plays with it, some of the kitties were so excited!

This cute Himalayan had fun chasing the toy. We saw all sorts of fun and crazy cats. Nathan loves the Himalayans, they have flat faces, creamy long fur, and blue eyes.

I like the Maine Coons because they are HUGE! You can see in the next two pictures that they look like lions! I kept expecting them to growl, not meow.

Also, they made me laugh because their owners carry them stretched out like this where ever they go! All over the cat show there were Maine Coon owners, carrying around outstretched huge cats.

The strangest looking cats were the hairless ones. I know that they look like aliens but I still think that they're kind of cute.

I even got to pet some and they were very soft and warm. It was like petting heated really short velvet. I also liked how vocal they were; after growing up with Fuzzy who meowed pretty much constantly, I like hearing meows.

The Exotic kitties are short hair Persians, so they also have the flat faces.
The best picture I took is of an orange-y cream Persian. I love how they primp and fluff the Persians for the show. They all look like huge fuzz balls. I wish we could get our boys this fluffy!
3 comments:
You guys are total NERDS!
I love it, I love that you go to CAT SHOWS! Who does that?
Stop the craziness!
That is so funny. The hairless cats scare me a little bit but I would like to pet one after reading your description.
The hairless cats look like something out of "I am Legend" which your dad and I watched last weekend...his choice, not mine. The virus-infected dogs looked a lot like those cats.
Post a Comment