Friday, April 25, 2008

Phew!

After 3 years of MEd classes, I am finally done! I have to make some small changes in my research project and make photocopies, but really, I'M DONE!

It is strange because it feels like I've been in school forever, but it also seems like I just started. I know that it must have taken a long time because so much has happened in the last three years.

I am especially excited to just be a teacher. The first few years of teaching suck, and they are only made worse by having to go to class 2 nights a week for 3-4 hours! I will have time to plan and grade!

I can't wait to be a better wife (instead of a student). I can go back to making meal calendars and cleaning the apartment!

I am so thankful for my parents and Nathan who have supported me through this whole process, both financially and emotionally. Lesser family members might have gotten tired of my education after the 4th year, but not my family; they stuck it out through year 7!

Also, I don't think I would have survived without Alisha and Christy who helped me so much! Thanks girls for all the love and support! I am glad that we could go this together and that we had each other to lean on. I'll have to think of new excuses to bug you on a regular basis.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It's exciting...One day I'll have to be cool like you and face going back to school.

Annie M. said...

Yay Ria!! I am so happy for you! We can't wait to see you in a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

About time; you owe me $8500

Nickie said...

Congrats Sis!
That's awesome you're DONE!
I'm still a Freshman, but you'll be happy to know, my English credits-oh yeah, they're all taken care of.
Love you!