Tuesday, April 8, 2008

One Year Anniversary

Disclaimer:
I wrote this about two weeks ago but I was waiting to download pictures before I posted it.

A year ago, April 6, 2007, Nathan and I got married in the Bountiful Temple; I believe this is a good excuse to post more wedding pictures.

I can't believe a year has gone by so fast. It is funny because it seems like we barely got married but it also seems like an eternity. Maybe 6 months ago, Kelly W. commented that it seemed like we'd been married forever. Sense our wedding we have done so much and lived so much: school, multiple jobs (4 for Nathan, 3 for me), moving, illness, happiness, lots of trips to Idaho, and adventures.

I love waking up to Nathan...every morning it kills me to get out of bed and leave him. I frequently roll over and cuddle him for a couple minutes. He's always warm, I love how he radiates heat!

Our anniversary has been all bonkers because last year General Conference was the weekend before we got married and Easter was two days later. This year, Easter was weeks before our anniversary and it landed on General Conference. Because Sunday was our anniversary, we decided to celebrate Friday.

We went out to GoodWood where I ate a yummy smoked prime rib.
The dinner almost made it worth hearing Nathan say, "It's the wood that makes it good" 10 times that night. After dinner we walked around the shopping plaza because it was such a beautiful and warm night. I love just holding hands and being together.

We also celebrated by eating some of our year-old wedding cake. By we, I mean I, ate some of our year old cake.

It was very yummy! I was worried because everyone I talked to kept telling me that their cake was gross after a year, but ours was still good. We kept it wrapped up in the freezer but I think that the ganosh frosting kept it fresher than anything else. Yum!

See how it compares to the happy day. Thanks to everyone who has helped make this year great (especially Nathan).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Happy one-year! I love that you ate the cake. We did, too. I had forgotten how delicious it was until we had it a year later. yay!

Nickie said...

I'm so sorry I didn't tell you Happy Anniversary! I am so happy for you guys, you are the funniest couple I love spending time with you. I guess that won't be happening anymore Vermontinites!
I love you anyway.
We threw our cake away, no ganosh for us. I think it cursed us...spread the word-EAT YOUR YEAR OLD CAKE PEOPLE!!
Love ya

Anna said...

I care! Congrats on the anniversary! And I like the new blog template and layout. Very cute.

When are you guys moving? I think we need to have a 'going away' party to see you off!

Anna said...

Hey, so Rob told me today, "Come look at this--there's a picture of Marisa on Westminster's homepage!" So I came and looked, but I'm pretty sure it's not you. Rob however, is pretty sure it is! So we sat and compared these wedding photos to the photo on the bottom-right corner of that girl who somewhat resembles you. So...please end the debate. Is it you? I think it's a pretty good double (like that guy in France who looks like my Dad) but maybe I'm wrong and it really is you! Let us know so Rob will stop bugging me about it! :)