Monday, April 7, 2008

Saturday

Saturday Nathan's mom and I went to the afternoon session of conference. It is always so nice to be in the Conference Center with the crowds and the spirit. We were particularly thankful that we got in because there was a severe shortage of seats. The other times I've been to conference, I always got in as soon as I arrived and sat down with plenty of time before conference started. This time, we were there early, but they did not open the doors until 1:45ish. This gave us plenty of time to enjoy the view but was not very good for getting seated.
Needless to say, everyone was rushing when we got in! Our section was full so we had to make a run to the balcony, which was also full. We stood there looking dumb and confused with 100 other people who didn't have seats. We sat down on a bench, waited for the crowds to clear, and I was content to stay there and listen to conference but Cathy thought that we should try to get into the Tabernacle. We thought that it would be full, but we tried it anyway.
We went down the escalators and on the main level, an usher told us that there were two seats, not together, but still seats in the conference center. We were really close! It was great! We also enjoyed watching the ASL signers, they were very passionate.

After the session, Nathan, his dad, and Dani picked us up and we went to dinner. Because it was our anniversary weekend, and because Dani won't eat Chinese food, we got to reenact our honeymoon meal and eat at Ruth's Chris Steak House. It was yummy all over again. I had a great fillet mignon and yummy everything else. It was super generous of Nate's parents to splurge and spoil us! Nathan was especially excited to indulge in a prime steak.


1 comment:

Annie M. said...

It sounds like you had a fun weekend & a good Anniversary. So I think we're going to come to your graduation!!! I will try to call you later either today or sometime this week. xoxoxoxoxoxox