I am feeling nostalgic about my time at Butler Middle School (can I feel nostalgic about something that happened three weeks ago?). I am missing all my students, and my hot room, and the school culture. I seriously almost texted one of them the other day when I was board in line at one of the many Pearl Jam shows (she programed her # in my phone one day). Wow, I've gotten really pathetic.
All this missing and sadness was brought on by the knowledge that I will never see these kids again, and that I might never love a school as much as I loved Butler. I just learned that at my new job I will not have a room. 7 periods a day, switching rooms between each period...it's like a bad teacher nightmare. I also miss my cute decorations that I will not be able to put up in a non-existent room.
Anyway, I just wanted to show everyone how cute my former students are. I heart them. Oh jeeze, I just realized some of them are showing nipples. What is it with 14 year old boys showing nipples and drawing penises? They're nuts but I still love them.
3 comments:
The kids are going to miss you! and oh man, I'm gonna miss those kids, too! I wish I could hand pick the ones I get next year...I wonder if any classes will be as fun and memorable as my classes this year, or if these guys will always be special because they were my first year..
I know! I knew that you would appreciate this post.
That is so ug that you have to travel from room to room! Well, I guess you get to live in VT so that's the trade-off. But still, your classroom was tres molestable!
Post a Comment