Friday, June 27, 2008

Pearl Jam for now

As most of you know, Nathan and I have been on our Eastern New England Tour. It has been quite an adventure!We went to the first show in Camden, NJ, right outside of Philadelphia. We had planned to stay with my friend Jessi for a couple of nights, see Phili then go to my aunt Anita's for a week until the New York City shows. Instead, we could only stay one night in Phili then we had to drive home to meet our movers. It was very annoying. Even more annoying was that Nathan's camera broke at the show! We only got to take 10ish pictures before it went kaput. Sad.


Phili was also bad because the fans in the parking lot did a lot of tailgating. That is all well and good except they left all their crap, bottles, trash in the parking lot. These are people who are fan's of Pearl Jam, environmentalists, raised money for Ralph Nader, Pearl Jam. We were appalled and angry at this disrespect for a venue and the Earth.

Luckily, Anita was still willing to take us in, even late. We went to the two Madison Square Garden shows. For these shows we were using my camera that has never worked quite right, it reacts strangely to large quantities of white or bight lights; not the best camera for a concert. What it is good for is video taping! We taped all of "Who You Are" at the first MSG show and 3ish minutes of "Inside Job" (Nate's favorite song) at the second MSG show. Both shows were fun and exciting, but Nate did not like the city; too many people for such a recluse!

Our greatest adventures have come from getting the concert posters for each show. Pearl Jam does this thing where each show has an original artistic poster; they're cool and they can be sold on e-bay for lots of money (translation, fans will kill to get them). We waited in crazy lines both nights, basically risking our lives, but now we can trade them for other shows' posters. YAY!

3 comments:

Nickie said...

How fun! I want to come see you just so I can drive across the country! Love the pictures of Antie...I know I won't spell it right,so I'm gonna stop right there. That would be sooooo cool to see a ghost! So, when we come to visit, we'll have to just go camp out there and wait for ghosties to come! That would totally rock.
Oh yeah, and PJ looked fun too. Sorry about your camera, were there any ghosts there? Just kidding.
how fun!
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

That's so fun! I love that you guys are going to all the pearl jam concerts...very cool.

Bryan Family said...

Marisa

Whats up? How are you? It's been a while. How many PJ shows are you guys going to? I'm so jealous, they are awesome. I didn't know you were such big fans. They have been my favorite band since high school. I have only seen them twice but hope for more. I actually got my dad to go with me to see them in LA a couple years ago and he loved it. I made him a few mix cd's and he's a fan now. Anyway, hope all is well. Here's our blog: phbryanfamily.blogspot.com/