Friday, March 28, 2008

GREAT NEWS!!!

As most of you know, Nathan and I are moving to Vermont at the end of the school year. We are so excited to be near my family. Well, I am excited to be near my family, Nathan is excited to be by no one. He can't wait to be near nature and in the middle of nowhere. The constant people in the Salt Lake Valley are driving him nuts.
Anyway, with the moving plans came the frantic searching for jobs. We have both been applying all over the state, trying to stay as close to my parents as possible. Today I am able to breathe a sigh of relief because... I got a job!!!
It was initially advertised as an English teaching position at a middle school. The school principal and called me be even before interviewing began to tell me that they were interested in my French experience. Then both Nathan and I got interviews with the school. They seemed to go well, but it is so hard to tell over the phone. The week after I interviewed, one of my assistant principals said that she spoke to the principal at Rutland Middle School and that it sounded like I had the job.
I was then invited to interview with the superintendent, which happened this morning before school started. We mostly just chatted and toward the end, she offered me the job. I won't get the official paperwork until after April 8th when the school board meets, but I am SO glad and relieved and excited. We will have health insurance and dental coverage! I will get more money!! So many good things!
It is also funny because the English department in the Rutland School District is 7-12 so I will be in the same department as Hilary, one of my sister's best friends! I always wanted to grow up and be like Hilary and now, we'll be working together. YAY!

4 comments:

Annie M. said...

YAY MARISA!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Me too! That job will be perfect for you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Although, you are going to be SORELY missed!

winter said...

Congrats! That is great! We will be seeing you soon then. We go up... in the summer once a month, at least. So excited for you.