Sunday, July 13, 2008

our new baby

Monday we made the trek to Pennsylvania and picked up our new baby boy, Stonewall.


This is him eating away. His daily schedule is: wake up, eat, play, poop, sleep, eat, poop, sleep, sleep, sleep... He is so lazy! He spends many hours a day sleeping in the shade or the cool basement. We have to force him to play and run or else he'll just sit around.

I love him way more than is normal, I worry about him all the time. The first night we had him, I woke up 3 times during the night to make sure that he was breathing because I couldn't hear him whining. The next night he whined all night so I went and slept by his crate. I think that he is a great way to use my maternal desires.

Nathan is all worried about the kitties because we haven't been able to love them as much a usual. (The cats are inside and Stonewall is outside) Lenny just keeps to himself but Carl sits by the door and stares at us playing with Stonewall. When Stonewall gets near him, Carl hisses and puffs up his fur. Poor kitties, my parents feel badly for them.

Today we went to Montpelier because my nephew turned 12 and he got the Aaronic Priesthood; we decided to take the puppy because we were away from home for a few hours yesterday and I was feeling guilty. Stonewall has been playing all day with my brother's dog, Sage. Stonewall loves to try and wrestle with Sage; she puts up with it and wants him to run with her. Typical lab.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute and fluffy! He's got a vicious bark for such a little guy, though.

Annie M. said...

I could hear the sound! I saw a few minutes of the movie, "Must Love Dogs" on TV last night and the dog on there is the same kind of doggie that Stonewall is. They even showed Diane Lane watching one of them on TV doing water rescues. It was so funny. He's really cute and reminds me of a baby bear! It looks like he and Sage had a gret time playing together. And I had to laugh about you getting up to check on him during the night.... just wait until you bring home a human baby!

Annie M. said...

*great* time, not gret

Melinda said...

OH MARISA! What a beautiful furry baby you have! I know exactly how you feel as far as worrying goes! I still worry about leaving Hades at home when I go to work! He really is my baby. I'm so glad you posted a video, he is so dang cute. I hope I get to meet him soon.

Nickie said...

AAAWWWWWWWWW! How CUTE! What a sweet little puppy dog.
I loved just hearing your voice on the video, I miss you guys.
Stonewall is adorable, you'll have to give him a big furry hug from his Aunt Nickie.

Anonymous said...

Marisa!! Ton chien est tellement mignon! Et on dirait bien qu'il deviendra énorme! J'adore son pelage...Il doit être si doux et adorable, non?

Je suis contente de voir que tu es heureuse et que tout se passe au mieux.

Gros bisous de Tahiti à vous deux plus tous vos bébés! ;) Love ya!

Daina.C