Sunday, July 13, 2008

5th of July

The 4th of July we spent the whole day working around the house and yard. I raked lake weeds, my mom weeded the garden, my dad and Nathan mowed the lawn with the big tractor. I spend the whole day laughing at Nathan driving the tractor, he kept saying, "I'm a farmer!" He's so cute. It wasn't a very festive way to celebrate the 4th but we had fun. As soon as the sun went down people around the lake started setting off fireworks, it was cool but Nate and I were too tired and lazy to get out of bed and go see them.

The 5th of July we went to my friend Sara's wedding. Yay Sara! She was beautiful, the ceremony was short and to the point, and the best part, the wedding favors were little bottles of maple syrup!

When we got home, my brother and his family were at our house. We played on the lake, ate dinner and headed into Brandon to watch the fireworks. (Brandon always does their festivities the closest Saturday to the 4th). My nephews were so silly and cute. They wanted to play with our camera and take lots of pictures of their little faces.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! Wow, I love the wedding cake.

Annie M. said...

Those are funny pictures of Cade and Keegan. Nathan told me about you raking the lake weeds... so funny. I can totally picture it.

Annie M. said...

OH, and I'm so happy for Sara! She looks so beautiful and so happy!

Nickie said...

Cute little nephews!
Our 4th and 5th were pretty fun too, but we missed you guys. Sorry Rambo didn't hear from you, he felt bad that he was always gone when you called, but I guess not bad enough to call you back (what a punk!)
I love the farmer story, next time he's riding the lawn mower you'll have to get a picture of him.
Love you guys!