I am very happy that Utah is getting lots of snow and rain; I know that it is helping us out of the drought. My one wish is that the snowing and raining would stay in their respective seasons. It is May 1st, and as I type snow is falling quickly outside my window. We've probably accumulated a couple inches here! I thought May was supposed to be flowers and sunshine, not snow and parkas.
(This is a picture from KSL of Millcreek Canyon right now.)
I am boycotting the weather by still wearing spring clothes. I am wearing my Chacos because my feet were tired and I should not have to worry about my feet getting cold in MAY! Even if I should be bundled up, I refuse to wear my winter coat again; a cardigan will have to keep me warm.To add to the icky weather, I have an icky cold. I walked around all day yesterday with tissue stuffed up my nose because otherwise I would have been dripping snot on kid's papers. Students kept walking by and staring, I felt like announcing, "Yes I realize I have tissue up my nose and I look dumb, but it is a far better option than having goo running down my face!"
I guess you have to be able to laugh at yourself.
P.S. Sence when is the spring weather in Vermont better than the spring weather in Utah? Grrrr. We can't move soon enough!
4 comments:
But you should push yourself up through the dirt and shake your petals free. Do the dance from my dreams when you do it too. It's gross here today too if it's any cosolation and I refused to wear a coat to work too. I might regret that when I leave and freeze my behind off.
It has been pretty chilly here this week too, so don't envy the Vermont spring. Dad turned the furnace off a couple of weeks ago when we had a nice warm spell, but the last few days have been in the 40's and 50's, with lows in the high 20's. Last night I came home at about 9:30 and the house was like a refrigerator! Dad had been there all night but had resisted turning the furnace back on, but I couldn't stop shivering and he finally had to relent. I'm on night call tonight so I will be warm enough here at the hosptial, but Dad says he turned the furnace off again this morning, so he will be cold all by himself tonight!
In five years, the only thing those kids will remember about you is that you were "the teacher who walked around with a kleenex up her nose all day." -- or maybe they'll remember you for your amazing teaching skills. It's a toss-up.
Would you quit talking about you moving? Goll, it's depressing enough around here.
We're gonna miss you guys, I know it's not like we get together every day or something, but it's nice to know you're just right down in Utah if I need to see you-but now...psh...Vermont?
Yeah, nice car too
Luckeeeeee
Post a Comment