We're buying our baby boy from a breeder in Pennsylvania and she seems like such a good mommy and a good breeder.
We don't know which one is ours but we know that our puppy is a black Newfoundland and that he is 3 days old today! The picture below is from yesterday but you can get the idea that he will be cute and fun.
As for names, I like Moe to keep with the Simpsons theme (our kitties are Lenny and Carl). I also like Barney but I'm scared that people will think we named him after the dinosaur.
Nathan wants to name him after someone in the Civil War; he's leaning towards Stonewall. I think that it is kind of irreverent to name a dog after a war hero.
We're open to names, so please comment with suggestions. Remember that he will be a huge, black, hairy doggie.
11 comments:
I think you SHOULD name him Stonewall, but use the whole name- Stonewall Jackson. I agree, no Barney. I will have to think about it.... my friend Julie F. had a big, white, furry dog named Yeddi. So funny. And their dog who was supposed to be big, hairy and black was Kuma- which means bear in some foreign language. What is bear en francais?
Okay, I've got a ton! There's Scooby, Horatio, Remington, Shmoopy, Hoppy, Cookie, Biscuit, Rufus, Honky, Gordon, Hank, Froggy, Leroy, Bubba, Pickle, Champ, Tiny, Simon, Randy, Paula, Gorilla, Digger, Hooch, Jack, Ralph, Kermit, Tinkerbell, Lord Bumhampton, and Bruce. Okay, that's not a ton technically, but that's all I have for now, I'll keep you posted if I think of anymore!
You two are both really funny. Bear in French is ours and it sounds like horse without the h. I think people would think that we named him horse and were just saying it strangely. But not a bad idea...
Ok, so I went to www.freetranslation.com and looked up bear in different languages. It's kind of fun... you can play around with different words in different languages.
Oso= Spanish
Bär= German
Orso= Italian
De beer= Dutch
Urso = Portuguese
Медведь = Russian
Bjørn = Norwegian
Or you could just call him énorme, "Norm" for short. Ha ha. :) Ok, I suppose I should really go work now instead of trying to name your doggie!
Okay Marisa, in all honesty , Stonewall is nothing compared to the name of our mothers dog... "Adolf". I like Moe, but I think I like Stonewall better for a Newfoundland (congratulations, btw!) I hope that you love your puppy as much as we love ours!
If Nathan wants to go with the Stonewall theme, why not just Jackson? I like that better than Stonewall.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN! Only 1 more year left until you're no longer in your 20's!!!!!!!!
I'm probably not the best to comment on a name like Stonewall - since we named our cat Moses - after the prophet . . .
congratulations on getting a puppy! That is really exciting. I love big dogs. We will not be getting one that big. I love the suggestions. They all seem like good names. I do love Annie's translations. You would have to say all the names with an accent. :)
I think I'll go with your mom - I kinda like Jackson but Stonewall would be a second choice.
Post a Comment