Thursday, March 27, 2008

Deseret News Article: Mom Blogs

So this weekend when we were in Boise, I was trying to convince my sister-in-law Nickie to start a blog. She said that she is worried about pedophiles looking at pictures of her kids online. I admit that I too am a little worried about sickos looking at pictures of my nieces online. When Annie posted the bath pictures, I was nervous and some of Jordan's pictures concern me. But I figure, we can't life in fear. After all, "A life lived in fear, is a life half-lived." If people want to be gross, I can't stop them. All I can do is have the best intentions for my blog and keep it clean. I am writing all this because an article was in the Deseret News this week all about Mom Bloggers and their growing popularity. The article also touched on the dangers of blogging. Everyone should read it.

2 comments:

Annie M. said...

I took off the pictures of Taylor that showed her little vajayjay. If Nikki is worried, she can always restrict her blog so that you have to be invited to read it and sign in before you can enter. You can do that too if you want to. You can also make your blog so that it won't come up in google searches which is what i did after discovering random people from all over the world were witnessing it by searching for like, "Bug's life bedding" etc.

Anonymous said...

I would feel more comfortable if Annie's and Rachelle's sites were password accessible only, but I guess that would be hard for Rachelle since she wants people to see her photos. I just get nervous about some sicko stalking my grandchildren. Some of the photos of Jordan, while very beautiful and artistic, are almost seductive. I am much more comfortable with posting things on the MyFamily site since it requires a password.