For Spring Break Nathan and I headed up to his parent's house in Twin Falls to relax. I love coming up here because I have no responsibilities. I can lounge or be productive without worrying about doing dishes or cleaning the house. It is such a welcome break. Nathan's parents are so good and kind to us, I'm amazed by their generosity every time we come up here. We got to eat out lots and enjoy each other's company.
Friday we went to Nathan's brother Cris's house to celebrate Easter with his kids. There was lots going on at their house. Nickie's dad has cancer and they just found out how serious the outlook is. Nickie was obviously upset and in the midst of this stress, Cris gets extreme pains in his side that are diagnosed as kidney stones! They didn't think things could get any worse so we partied instead of being sad. We spent Friday night dying eggs.
Ethan and London had fun, almost as much fun as Nickie and I had. Ethan especially liked watching the eggs change colors and putting them in different colors to see how they turned out. Because the die was on the counter we could not keep them both from sitting (or crawling) on the counter to get the die. Luckily, there were only a couple of mishaps and the die washed off the counter tops with some Comet.
Nickie also got kits that were made to make speckled eggs. I love how some of the darker ones speckled so well.The funniest thing about the eggs was that they all turned out to have two or three lighter colored strips on them. We did not do anything to make them have stripes, they just turned out that way. I actually tried to give one egg stripes by tying string around it, but its stripes did not turn out anywhere near as well as the ones that striped naturally. You can kind of see the stripes in this picture.
All this work with hard boiled eggs made me want egg salad sandwiches.YUM! I love spending time with these kiddos. I am sad that we will never get to see them once we move to Vermont. I wish that we could be closer to them. I love seeing Nathan interact with them and I think it is good for Cris and Nathan to be able to hang out. For as much as they are bad influences on each other, I also think they're good influences on each other. I think it's good for Nate to see his brother in action as a father.

London is getting more friendly with us. She raced Matchbox cars with me and Ethan for quite a while. She says both of our names all the time now, which is a HUGE improvement. The greatest was that she let me give her a smooch when we left even though she'd been having a rough day. I love these two.
Nickie also got kits that were made to make speckled eggs. I love how some of the darker ones speckled so well.The funniest thing about the eggs was that they all turned out to have two or three lighter colored strips on them. We did not do anything to make them have stripes, they just turned out that way. I actually tried to give one egg stripes by tying string around it, but its stripes did not turn out anywhere near as well as the ones that striped naturally. You can kind of see the stripes in this picture.
London is getting more friendly with us. She raced Matchbox cars with me and Ethan for quite a while. She says both of our names all the time now, which is a HUGE improvement. The greatest was that she let me give her a smooch when we left even though she'd been having a rough day. I love these two.
3 comments:
I am glad you had a good Easter Ria! You are such a cute auntie dying eggs with the kiddos. I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. You should look at the eggs my friend Mary Beth dyed with her neices and nephew... http://librarianpants.blogspot.com/
Really cool.
Thank you so much for putting such sweet things on your blog about my fam! You are so cute.
Okay, here's our address
www.crickiespazastin.blogspot.com
Thanks for the article too!
This will be a fun way to keep in touch and see your cute faces when you move across the country!
Love you guys!!!!
Post a Comment